CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is a national-level examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to select teachers for classes 1 to 8. Aspiring candidates who look forward to becoming teachers can apply for this test to get selected in some of the country’s best schools.
CTET Exam is conducted twice every year by the CBSE. It is usually conducted offline, but in 2021 it was conducted online in the CBT mode. The exam is conducted in as many as 20 languages across 135 cities across India. CTET is a highly competitive exam for aspiring teachers. It is mandatory to appear for this test to get selected.
CTET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is essential for candidates to go through the eligibility criteria for CTET 2022 before filling out the online application form. If candidates do not fulfill the given eligibility criteria, they shall be disqualified from applying for the exam. Below are the eligibility criteria for CTET 2022. BYJU’S Exam Prep helps you in preparing for the CTET exam through its quality test series. You can visit the website to practice previous year papers, take mock test, download study materials and more!
- Candidates must have a minimum educational qualification of 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks to qualify for a primary stage teacher.
- Candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate marks or have a 10+2 pass with at least 50% aggregate marks to qualify for a secondary stage teacher.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories like SC / ST / OBC / Differently Ables Person shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% in their qualifying marks.
- Candidates appearing in their final year of Bachelor’s degree in Education, Diploma in Elementary Education, etc., shall be allowed provisional admission. The validity of their certificate shall remain only if they pass the examinations mentioned above before the results of CTET 2022 are declared.
CTET 2022 Exam Pattern
The CTET Exam has two papers. They are as follows:
- Paper I : For candidates who intend to apply for teaching in classes I to V
- Paper II : For candidates who intend to apply for teaching classes VI to VIII
CTET 2022 Selection Procedure
Selections after the CTET Exam are done usually according to the cut-off marks of the respective year. Candidates with 60% marks and above (for the General category) are issued a marks statement and an eligibility certificate.
- After qualifying CTET, candidates shall be eligible to apply for primary teacher posts, TGT, PGT in Central Government Schools.
- Candidates can also apply for other State level recruitment exams.
- Besides these, qualifying candidates of CTET are also eligible to apply in reputed private schools where job demands are very high.
The CTET 2022 online registration process and the exam dates shall be announced simultaneously. Interested candidates are advised to look at BYJU’s Exam Prep for further details.