Dynamic Link Library (DLL) is a crucial file that helps the Windows operating system to function properly. DLL is helpful when you want to share resources and data allowing several applications to access the contents of a particular file.DLL errors are any error that is related to the DLL file. DLL errors can be found in any of the operating systems of Microsoft and they are troublesome because of their many files with the potential to cause issues. There is various DLL Installer available, which you can download to fix the problem. This article would help you further to understand how to recover the files and get the issue resolved.
DLL is not found errors
When you are trying to access, an application you may receive an error message that .dll is not found. Some of the common error forms are mentioned below:
- Cannot find .dll. Please, re-install this application.
- The program can’t start because the .dll file is missing from your computer, Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
- This application failed to start because .dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Reasons behind the error of DLL not found
There are several reasons for getting the error. Some of them are as follows:
- Corrupted DLL file– When a bad application is installed, it may corrupt the files and cause .dll errors. Additionally, malware infection and hardware malfunction can also cause DLL file errors.
- When a DLL file is accidentally deleted– A DLL file can accidentally get deleted when you are trying to clean up the hard disk. It can also happen while installing/uninstalling a program.
- DLL file gets overwritten– Installation of a certain program can overwrite an existing DLL file with an invalid DLL file.
How to fix the problem of DLL not found?
- Restart the PC– At times, the problem of missing DLL file errors is temporary. The issue can get resolved by restarting the computer. So just, restart your computer and solve your issue.
- Reinstall the particular programs– A DLL error may happen when you are using a particular program. Chances are that the problem can be resolved when you reinstall the particular program. Make sure to install the program properly and register the missing DLL files.
- Get back the deleted DLL files– If you have deleted the DLL files by mistake, you can get an error like DLL not found/. In such cases, you can visit the recycle bin in Windows 10/8/7 and you can restore the files.
- Restore the missing DLL files using the file recoverysoftware – It would be a smart idea to recover the deleted DLL files using file recovery software. You will find various software in the market that is worth a try. This software is compatible with the Windows operating system which includes Windows 10/8/7. This software allows you to recover the deleted files from both internal and external hard drives.
- Run a malware scan– You should run a malware scan of your entire system. Some of the DLL was not found errors are related to the hostile programs and get resolved with a virus scan.
- Update drivers– The drivers that are related to the DLL error should be updated. If you are getting the DLL error while using the printer, you should try updating the printer driver.
Whenever you the DLL file error, you can try any of the above-mentioned ways to solve the problem. These easy solutions can be tried by anyone. If you are still not able to fix the error of DLL not found on your own, you should seek the help of a professional person.