The Delhi Jal Board (DJB) has released its summer action plan for the summer. According to this Delhi will get 925 MGD water in summer. While peak demand in Delhi remains around 1150 MGD in summer. Accordingly, the difference between demand and demand for water in Delhi will be around 250 MGD. In this case, Deputy Chairman of Delhi Jal Board Raghav Chadha said that the focus will be on preventing water wastage. Also, the system will work to take immediate action on complaints.
Raghav Chadha said that in areas where there is scarcity of water, sufficient water will be made available to the public from the tanker. Delhi does not have its own source of water. To increase water supply, 254 new tubewells are being made, this is where the groundwater level is better. Of these, 70 pumps are in Palla, 37 Narela and the rest in Delhi. With this, the number of tubewells will increase to 4910. The Water Board is getting 86 MDG water from the ground water source.
P. UGR work completed in Kamal Vihar, Sonia Vihar, Mundka, Mahipalpur
- 4 UGR work completed- Jal Board has completed 4 new underground reservoirs to improve the water supply in the areas of West and Central Delhi. It is located in Paschim Kamal Vihar, Sonia Vihar, Mundka and Mahipalpur.
- Restoration of 155 reservoirs- The Water Board is revamping 155 reservoirs to increase the ground water level. In which tenders of 59 have been called. At the same time, the work of 22 has been allotted.
- 117 water ATMs – The board has installed 117 water ATMs and e-piers in designated areas of water scarcity.
- 1077 Tanker Supply – The board will supply water from the 1077 Tanker in summer in areas where there is no water supply or pipeline supply. It has 250 department and 827 for hire tankers.
- Pipeline laid in 22 unauthorized colony- Pipeline has been laid in 22 unauthorized colony. Pipelines are laid in 128 colonies.