- Airlines submitted reports to the Ministry of Civil Aviation and DGCA, saying – Maintenance of aircraft continued even during lockdown
- Central government can start domestic flights soon, SOP has been issued, those above 80 years will not be able to travel
New Delhi. Amid lockdown, the central government may soon start domestic flights. The central government had sought a report from the airlines companies about their preparations for this. The news agency quoted sources as saying that the airlines companies on Saturday sent a report to the Director General of Civil Aviation and the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
In this, companies have said that they are fully ready to start flights. However, no decision has been made on when these flights will start. The ministry and DGCA have also been called the status of the aircraft by the airlines companies. Explain that under the protocol, companies have to submit a detailed report related to the aircraft to the Ministry and DGCA before starting the flight.
Lowest 41 near Vistara, 260 aircraft near Indigo
According to the report, Vistara Airlines has the lowest number of 41 aircraft. IndiGo has the highest number of 260 aircraft. Apart from this, Spice Jet has 120 aircraft, Air India Group has 155 aircraft. Airline companies have stated in their reports that they were continuously maintaining the aircraft despite the lockdown. Now we are only waiting for the government’s permission.
Those above 80 years are not allowed to travel
Passengers and airlines have to take certain precautions when flights are introduced. For this, the Ministry of Civil Aviation has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for all airlines and airport operators. According to the SOP, the Center has asked the airlines not to allow a person above the age of 80 to travel in the first phase of flights.
The SOP stated that it should not be allowed to carry bags in the cabin in the initial phase. If any passenger or staff is showing any signs of infection and green signal is not coming on the Arogya Setu App, then such person will not be allowed to enter the airport terminal building.
These are also suggested in SOP
- The passenger can carry only one 20 kg bag with him.
- If any passenger shows any signs of infection, he will not be allowed to travel.
- It will be compulsory for travelers to download the Arogya Setu App. Travel will be allowed only when the green signal is found in the app.
- Social distancing will have to be kept in the flight. However, the matter of keeping one seat vacant between two seats for this is not clear in the draft yet.
- The distance will also have to be kept while laying the line.
- Employees on duty will have to wear PPE kits.
- Only web check-in will happen. Printed boarding passes and check-in baggage will be given only when there is a lot of need.
- Passengers must wear masks, gloves, shoes, PPE kits, etc.
- One has to arrive at the airport two hours before the time of travel.
- The three front seats in the flight should be reserved for passengers with medical emergencies.