It’s no secret that to effectively promote your business and attract new customers, a quality logo is of particular importance. However, to get a truly perfect version is not so easy, here you need to take into account many components and factors.
One of their important components is the color of the logo. After all, a properly chosen color combination brings logos to life, making brands popular. But how to do it? Let’s try to figure it out together with the logo generator team at Turbologo.
What is a logo?
A logo is a graphic representation of a commercial brand. It is created to better perceive your company, facilitate brand recognition among customers, and in some way advertise your services. The logo should be of high quality as well as unique, the emblem should attract the consumer’s attention and make them take advantage of your offerings. Logos were invented to identify products from one category and differentiate them. So a logo is extremely important if you aim to build the perfect business.
But don’t forget that in the pursuit of a flawless logo, you must not forget that its colors play a huge role.
Meanings of colors
So, what is the importance of color when creating a logo – let’s dwell on this issue in more detail. The color of the logo plays a huge role: the recognition of the brand, the success of the brand and its reputation depend on it, that’s why it is important to choose the color solution appropriate to your product category.
- Red is a favorite color for many people. It reflects the desire for evolution, implies impulsiveness and thirst for victory, which means that a logo in red color indicates the success. However, its use in logo design is not always justified, as the color can be too bright, aggressive and provocative, which is not desirable for some brands. Red should be used carefully.
- Blue in logo design symbolizes that the brand somehow connects with consumers. Psychologists say that blue is chosen by companies where everything is smooth. It is the color of purity and lightness, it speaks of intelligence and reliability. The green color speaks of brand safety.
- Green represents forward movement, consistency. It is the color of spring and good mood, formed by the combination of blue and yellow. The first speaks of harmony, the second is the color of the sun, positive and joyful emotions.
- Yellow in logo design is used as a signal color, it is often combined with black, which are drawn oblique stripes to enhance the contrast and give the logo originality. Yellow is the color of optimism, which means its use in logo design is always fashionable and stylish.
- Black is often used to give the elements of the logo a clearer outline. This color combines well with all the others, emphasizing and highlighting the main thing.
- Purple speaks of sensitivity, inspiration and charm, that is why its use is peculiar to perfume brands.
- Gray is considered to be a neutral color, it combines well with others, but does not show itself in the design in any way. Gray is not boring, but it does not attract attention.
- The white color creates a sense of perfection, it shows the perfect solution and freedom, its basic idea is equality. This is why white is often used in design.
How to choose a logo color?
The color scheme can be very different, the main thing is to match the general theme, as well as the ability to combine all the elements of the logo so that each of them looks nice and stylish. The abundance of colors in the creation of logos is undesirable, because it can disturb the harmony and be out of place. A good logo distinguishes competent combination of two – three colors that perfectly match each other.
Also, do not give preference to monochrome or boring shades. If you do not want to use a lot of colors, then the best solution would be to use a trendy shade. But in this case you would have to rebrand regularly.
When choosing colors you should not forget that too bright colors will very rarely be appropriate, so it is better to give preference to classics, gentle colors or interesting multi-component solutions without caustic colors.
When selecting a color, focus on whether or not it will be appropriate for your products, because that’s the only way the item you create will have the maximum effect and impact. Also follow the selection of the right color value for your brand. All in all, these two elements will help you get significantly more customers. All you have to do is create a logo and implement it successfully!