On 16 March 2018, Irfan tweeted about his illness. He wrote that something suddenly happens in life that takes you forward. The last few days of my life have been like this. I have a disease called neuroendocrine tumors.
Five Big Achievements
- Irfan Khan was awarded the Padam Shri in 2011.
- Irrfan Khan received the National Film Award for Best Actor for the film Paan Singh Tomar in 2013. He was well-received for this film.
- Irrfan Khan has been awarded the Filmfare Award four times. In 2004, he was awarded for ‘Haasil,’ ‘Life in Metro’ in 2008, ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ in 2013 and ‘Hindi Medium’ in 2018.
- The film Lunchbox was nominated in the “Best Film Not in the English Language” category of the prestigious BAFTA Award and was chosen in 2014 for the fellow Asian Film Awards film The Lunchbox.
- Irrfan’s international film Life of Pi also won four Oscars as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score.
- In an interview, Irfan said that he was very shy as a child. He had a fascination for films, but he did not express it. Irfan had hesitation in his mind due to his slim height, dark complexion, shy nature.
- From 1994 to 1998, he worked in TV, and his film career started quite late.
- Irrfan first got recognition on a large scale in the year 2003 from the film Maqbool. From 1988 to 2003, he won the award for a few roles, and the struggle to make his partner’s identity continued. It is said that Irrfan did not even get his fees for some early films.
- Irrfan’s last film, English Medium, suffered significant losses due to theaters closed due to COVID-19 illness.
- In 2018, he was confirmed to have neuroendocrine tumors.
5 Best Films
- Life of Pi (the year 2012): Ang Lee directed the film was a tremendous commercial success. It also received the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score. It also received four Oscars.
- Paan Singh Tomar (2012): The Tigmanshu Dhulia-directed film not only won Irfan the National Award but also convinced the people of his tremendous performance.
- The Lunchbox (2013): This story of the love between a middle accountant and a duodenum, through letters, won the hearts of people all over the world. The film received the Viewers’ Choice Award at the Conse Film Festival and was also nominated at the British Academy Film Awards.
- Piku (2015): Irfan won the Best Actor Award by the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne for this. Her pairing with Deepika Padukone was well received. Hindi Medium (2017): Made on a relevant subject like Nursery Admission, the film was well-received by the audience. For this, Irrfan won several awards, including Filmfare. Also, the film also earned a tremendous amount.
- On 16 March 2018, Irfan tweeted about his illness. He wrote that something suddenly happens in life that takes you forward. The last few days of my life have been like this. I have a disease called neuroendocrine tumors.