Lemon blueberry cheesecake is perfect for summer.
The months-long lockdown has turned most of the amateur cook to nearly-perfect chefs. After all, we got enough time to practice and graduate into masters at cooking and baking. All those of you who have been baking all this while, must have tried all the recipes of vanilla cake, chocolate cake, chocolate brownie and other such basic recipes. Now, it’s time to step up your game with other exotic bakeries like cheesecake. This recipe of lemon and blueberry cheesecake is perfect to get you started.
(Also Read: 10 Best Cheesecake Recipes You Must Try)
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe:
- 2 cups maida
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Half cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Half cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- For Cheese Frosting –
- 2 tbsp butter
- Half cup cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cream
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Step 2 – Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Step 3 – In a separate bowl, whisk butter and sugar. Add lemon, vanilla extract and eggs and whisk thoroughly. Sieve the dry flour mixture and add to the wet ingredients by passing it through a colander.
- Step 4 – With the electronic beater, whisk lemon juice and buttermilk. Add this to the cake mixture and whisk well.
- Step 5 – Now coat the blueberries in some flour and add to the cake batter.
- Step 6 – Grease the baking cake pan and line it with butter paper and grease it too. Pour the cake batter in it and let it bake for around 20 minutes.
- Step 7 – Make cream frosting by beating butter and sugar together till you get a soft, fluffy paste. Then add rest of the ingredients and beat it till you get a cream-like paste for frosting. Top the caked cake with the frosting.
Your lemon blueberry cheesecake is ready! Refrigerate the lemony cake before enjoying this refreshing summer-apt cake.