July 02, 2020 (New Delhi) Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Thursday said that if 20 jawans lost their lives in the June 15 clash in the Galwan river Valley in Ladakh, “the toll is double on the Chinese side”.
‘’Now you can hear about only two Cs’ – Coronavirus and China. We believe in peace and solve problems through discussion, but if somebody casts an evil eye on India, we will give a befitting reply,’’ said Union Minister Prasad on China crisis while addressing a virtual rally for people in Bengal, where elections are due next year.
However, China has never released its official death figures after the worst border escalation between the two countries since 1967, in which 20 soldiers lost their lives in the line of duty.
He referred to the surgical strikes across the Line of Control after the Uri terror attack and the airstrike deep inside Pakistan after 40 soldiers were killed in Pulwama last year.
“When our PM is saying that the sacrifice of our jawans won’t go in vain, it has a meaning. Our government has the will to deliver,” said the minister.
He remarked that by blocking 59 Chinese apps, India had carried out a “digital strike” to protect the data of the citizens.