- Mizoram extends lockdown till 31 May, Chhattisgarh CM appeals – states’ borders remain sealed for a few months
- The government said – the recovery rate of infected is 34.06%, only 2% patients in ICU; Doubling rate increased to 12.9 days
- Telangana Chief Minister KCR said – except 4 zones of Hyderabad, the state was free from corona infection
The number of corona infected in the country has increased to 85 thousand 784 on Friday. Thousands of workers are moving from cities to their homes on foot or by other means after the lockdown softens. The Union Home Ministry said that migrant laborers are still seen on roads, railway tracks and trucks. If a laborer appears on the road, take him to a nearby shelter and give him food and water. The ministry said that it is the responsibility of the state governments to arrange trains and buses for the workers who want to go to their homes.
The Mizoram government has extended the lockdown period to 31 May. However, the entire Mizoram is currently in the Green Zone. Bihar has also appealed to the Center to extend the lockdown by the end of this month. Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel has said that the borders of the states should be kept closed for the next 2-3 months.
Over 3700 Corona patients increased in 24 hours
On Friday, 1576 in Maharashtra, 434 in Tamil Nadu, 425 in Delhi, 340 in Gujarat, 213 in Rajasthan, 169 in Madhya Pradesh, 155 in Uttar Pradesh, 102 in Andhra Pradesh, p. There were 3736 positive reports including 84 in Bengal, 16 in Kerala. Telangana Chief Minister KCR has claimed that the state has been freed from Corona except in the 4 zones of Hyderabad. These figures are based on information received from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Ministry of Health, there are 81 thousand 970 infected in the country. 51 thousand 401 is under treatment. 27 thousand 920 have been cured, while 2649 have died.
5 days when the highest number of infections occurred
Transition spread across 26 states, 7 union territories
Coronavirus infection is spread in 26 states of the country. 7 Union Territories are also vulnerable. These include Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Puducherry and Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
- Madhya Pradesh, Infected- 4595: There were 169 cases of infection on Friday. These include 61 from Indore, 26 from Bhopal, 27 from Burhanpur, 10 from Ujjain, 11 from Jabalpur and 7 new patients from Dhar. Lockdown phase-4 will start in the state from May 18. It is being told that it can continue till 31 May. During this time, the markets are set to open on the formula of Aud and Even. The ban on religious places will remain in force till 31 May.
- Maharashtra, Infected – 29100: On Friday, 1576 corona patients were found in the state. There were 933 new cases in Mumbai alone. In Hot Spot Dharavi, reports of 84 people came positive, there have been 53 deaths. The lockdown has been extended till May 31 in hot spot areas such as Mumbai Metropolitan Region, Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad and Malegaon. There are now about 100 deaths from corona in the state every 2 days.
- Uttar Pradesh, Infected- 4057: Here 155 infected were found in the last 24 hours. These include 10 from Hapur, 9 from Agra and Meerut, 5 from Lucknow and 4 from Gautam Budh Nagar. So far 2165 corona infections have been cured in the state. Here, an FIR has been registered under the Epidemic Act against 4200 unidentified people attending the funeral of Sant Shebhan Sarkar amidst lockdown.
- Rajasthan, Infected – 4747: 213 corona positives were found here on Friday. These include 48 in Kota, 38 in Udaipur, 31 in Jodhpur, 23 in Jaipur, 13 in Pali, 9 in Chittorgarh, 6 in BSF Camp, 5 in Jalore, 3-3 in Rajsamand and Sikar, 2 in Ajmer, Jaisalmer and Churu. 2 patient reports came positive. 2729 patients have been cured in the state.
- Delhi, Infected- 8895: There were 425 infections on Friday. There, The people of Delhi have given more than 5 lakh suggestions to the Kejriwal government on the nature of the lockdown. The emphasis has been on making masks mandatory and taking care of social distancing. People have also suggested starting buses and metro movement with limited capacity and opening 25% or 50% malls.
- Bihar, infected – 1033: The corona report of 34 patients came positive on Friday. 5-5 were found in Khagaria and Begusarai, 2 in Madhubani and one patient in Siwan. After May 3 in Bihar, samples from 7500 people from other states have been tested. Of these, 352 have been found infected. Corona was confirmed among the 114 people from Delhi. Apart from these, 97 returned from Gujarat, 66 returned from Maharashtra, 22 returned from West Bengal, 17 returned from Haryana and 13 returned from Uttar Pradesh were found infected.