- Lockdown extended in Punjab till May 31, but curfew to end from May 18
- Jammu and Kashmir received the highest number of 108 patients in a single day, out of which 12 pregnant women from Anantnag
- Railway Minister Goyal said- Collector send list of migrant laborers, we are ready to send special train to any district
The number of corona infections in the country has reached 90 thousand 648. On Saturday, the maximum number of new patients increased by 4792 in one day and 3979 were also healthy. In Maharashtra, the number of infected has reached 30 thousand and in Gujarat-Tamil Nadu has crossed 10 thousand. 12 pregnant women from Anantnag were found infected in Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile, Punjab extended the lockdown till May 31, but the curfew would be lifted from May 18. Earlier Mizoram has also increased the lockdown. Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has suggested the central government to implement nationwide lockdown.
On Saturday, 1606 reports were positive in Maharashtra, 1057 in Gujarat, 477 in Tamil Nadu, 438 in Delhi, 213 in Rajasthan, 201 in Uttar Pradesh, 195 in Madhya Pradesh, West, 115 in Bengal, 112 in Bihar, 108 in Jammu and Kashmir. . These figures are based on information received from covid19india.org and state governments. According to the Union Health Ministry, 85 thousand 940 are infected in the country. 53 thousand 35 are under treatment. 30 thousand 153 have been cured and 2752 have died.
Gujarat has the maximum increase of 1057 patients in a single day
700 super spreader Corona positives have been found in Gujarat. After receiving alerts from the Arogya Setu app, the Ahmedabad district administration launched a massive campaign in the last one week to investigate milk, vegetable and fruit vendors, grocery shopkeepers and petrol pump personnel. They are called super spreaders, who work in the risk zone and are at risk of spreading infection to many people.
Collectors give list of laborers, will send trains to districts: Goyal
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said that we are ready to send labor special trains to any district. Collectors should forward the list of trapped laborers in their districts to the nodal officers of the Railways. Railway has sent 14 lakh people to their states by 1074 special trains till 15 May.
5 days when the highest number of infections occurred
Transition spread across 26 states, 7 union territories
Coronavirus infection has spread to 26 states. 7 Union Territories are also vulnerable. These include Delhi, Chandigarh, Andaman and Nicobar, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Puducherry and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
|Jammu and Kashmir||1121||542||12|
|Andaman and Nicobar||33||33||0|
|Dadar And Nagar Haveli||1||1||0|
Madhya Pradesh, Infected – 4790: 195 corona cases were reported here on Saturday. Virus infection has reached 44 out of 52 districts of the state. Many infected new cases have recently returned from Gujarat, Delhi and Maharashtra. The arrival of migrant workers from other states can continue for about 10 days.
- Maharashtra, Infected- 30706: In the state, 1606 infected people grew on Saturday. So far, 7088 patients have been cured, while the death toll has reached 1135. The recovery rate of corona patients in Maharashtra has increased to 22%. In Mumbai it is 25%. Among the suburbs adjoining Mumbai, Mira-Bhayander has the best recovery rate of 60%.
- Uttar Pradesh, Infected – 4096: 201 new cases were confirmed in the state on Saturday. This includes 27 patients from Meerut, 19 from Rampur, 12 from Agra, 11-11 from Lucknow and Sambhal, 10 from Saharanpur and 7 from Ghaziabad. 7 migrants positive returned from Mumbai. The death toll of corona patients in the state has gone up to 104.
- Rajasthan, Infected – 4960: 213 new patients were found here on Saturday. Of these, 131 were found in Jaipur, 27 in Dungarpur, 10 in Sirohi, 9 in Udaipur, 7 in Jodhpur, while 1-1 patients were found in Kota, Ajmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Sikar, Barmer and Jhunjhunu. So far 126 patients have died in the state.
- Delhi, Infected- 9333: On Saturday, 438 cases of infection were reported, while 6 corona patients died. Of the total infected, 5278 are under treatment, while 3518 patients have been cured.
- Bihar, infected- 1178: 145 cases of infection were reported here on Saturday. Of these, 18 were found in Banka, 15 in Purnia, 9-9 in Sheikhpura and Nawada, 7-7 in Begusarai and Jamui, 5 in Patna, 3 in Katihar, 2 in Aurangabad, while 1-1 patients were found in Munger and Samastipur. Transition is coming in the laborers returning from other states.